ADAOX Middle East, the regional business development centre of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, today announced the launch of the latest versions of ESET’s award-winning security solutions – ESET Smart Security 4 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 in the Middle East region. ESET’s new generation security solutions deliver its most effective protection against emerging threats. Built on the unique and time-tested ThreatSense technology that has made ESET into a leader in proactive protection – ESET Smart Security 4 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 – were optimized for even greater protection and enhanced usability, while retaining their signature small system footprint.
“We are delighted to launch ESET Smart Security 4 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 to our customers in the Middle East, who have come to trust ESET’s proactive protection immensely. Version 4 of these security solutions surpasses all previous versions and is the most effective software to combat malware and emerging threats.We are confident these new security solutions will be well received by our customers and partners in this region,” said Neo Neophytou, Managing Director of ADAOX Middle East.
o Protection from the Unknown – Award-winning ThreatSense technology delivers the most effective protection against new attacks on the market.
o Built for Speed – ESET’s solutions are lightning fast, delivering superior scanning performance.
o Easy on System Resources – ESET typically uses only 35-40MB of system memory, a fraction of what other products consume. Laptop users will welcome the new automatic energy-conserving battery mode.
o Easy on You – more user friendly than ever before – from the compact and intuitive interface, the minimal use of alerts, to self-training firewall – you will be up and running in a snap, hardly noticing the solution quietly working in the background.
Users at home, but especially in SMB and large enterprises will come to appreciate dozens of useful new features and improvements in usability. On top of being faster and lighter, in ESET Smart Security 4 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 include the following:
• Self-Defense – a built-in technology to prevent malicious software from corrupting or disabling the system’s security.
• SysRescue – allows user to create computer recovery medium on a CD and USB key for system boot-up.
• Portable media access control, including USB, CD, flash disc, closing this vector of potential malware infiltration.
• Encrypted communication – developed for Windows XP and Windows Vista to scan HTTPs and POP3s protocols for malware. Included is also the so-called “learning mode,” for the state-of-the-art firewall, affording even greater level of protection.
• Support of More E-mail clients, including Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird
• Non-Graphical User Interface with the option to switch automatically to high contrast mode when in Windows.
• Smart Optimalization – function permitting increase in the scanning speed
• Integrated ESET SysInspector – a powerful diagnostic tool for in-depth analysis of the operating system, including running processes, registry content, startup items and network connections.
• Integrated Anti-Stealth – advanced technology to protect against rootkits
• Support for CISCO Network Admission Control
“ESET Smart Security 4 is the result of ESET´s continuous quest for perfection in PC security. We´ve in essence created artificial intelligence that is incredibly efficient and fast in recognizing malware,” Miroslav Trnka, CEO of ESET.
ESET Smart Security 4 was developed as a highly streamlined solution integrating 4 functionalities: antivirus, antispyware, antispam, and a personal firewall.
ESET Smart Security 4 Business Edition includes a Remote Administrator and a LAN update “mirror” function to easily monitor and update workstations across large networks.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 is the company’s flagship solution incorporating antivirus and antispyware functionalities.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition includes a Remote Administrator and a LAN update “mirror” to easily monitor and update workstations.
The Latest, 4th generation of ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 will be available starting March 2nd, 2009. License holders of previous versions can take advantage of a free update.
Please refer to the following URL for your free trial product download :